Welcome!

Hello everyone, and welcome to the ICJ committee blog!  My name is Ali Maloney, and I will be your head chair for this session of BMUN.  This blog will serve as an additional resource for you all as you begin preparing for the conference and start researching for your position papers.  Over the course of the next few weeks, your vice chairs and I will be posting about a variety of different topics that will range from resource suggestions for the case we will be trying during conference, the trial of Bosnia v. Serbia, to updates on the ongoing ICTY (International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia) criminal trials to general advice and suggestions for how to approach this committee and MUN in general.

I'm currently a sophomore studying English Literature at UC Berkeley but am originally from Greenwich, Connecticut.  Outside of BMUN, I'm an editor for the Berkeley Fiction Review, a short fiction publication on campus and in my spare time enjoy skiing, reading, and trying new foods.  I hope to attend law school after graduating from Berkeley, so the ICJ is of particular interest to me: it represents the intersection between law and international relations.  I'm especially interested in how international law treaties and protocols are actually implemented in practice and whether or not they are sufficient for establishing the justice lawmakers hope to see in the world, so our topic is certainly one case study of this question legal scholars continue to examine. 

I'm so excited to embark on this journey with you all and can't wait to meet you in March.

Love,
Ali

Comments

Popular Posts