Welcome to the ICJ

Hi all!

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi. My name is Alexander Wilfert and I am one of the Vice-Chairs for ICJ  this year. This is my Third Year at Berkeley and in BMUN, serving as a Vice-Chair in the Arab League in BMUN 64 and a Vice-Chair in the Historical Crisis committee of BMUN 65. At Berkeley, I study Political Economy with a concentration in the Middle East. Outside of academics and BMUN, I serve as one of the Senators in the ASUC, our version of student government so hit me up if you’re interested in activism or politics. I’m also a member of Greek life, part of Chi Psi fraternity.

The reason I chose the ICJ was the uniqueness of the committee. Having done the international THIMUN circuit in high school and two years of “traditional” committees, I wanted to do something new. Couple that with the legal focus of the ICJ and you’ve got the best committee in BMUN! Within the ICJ committee, I’m extremely interested in the question of human rights abuse and the application to a legal framework. The case we are looking at highlights how complicated these trials can be.

Super stoked to get to meet all of you and for you all to experience BMUN!

Yours,


Alexander

Comments

Popular Posts